Sunday, April 5, 2009

Push the Ball



Thursday, April 2nd, the 3am Grid advised me that I had another trade. It gave me a target, the probability of success and time to implement the trade. Could I have made more money? Absolutely.




The Prediction
The 3am Grid predicted with a 58 pips opening candle, that the GBP would go another 37 pips with 78% probability. Great odds!




The Action


The GBP tripped the SELL at 4:52am. One minute and one hour later it hit the target. As it was zooming up I was asking myself whether I was going to move the LIMIT given the 60 minute RSI and MACD were edging overbought. The 15 minute was giving me conflicting signals to the 60 minute so I elected to make my money and leave. Thirty-seven pips is not a bad day's work. Considering the prior day's drama, I was fairly satisfied.


As everyone knows by now, the currency shot up another 100 pips that day. Had I stayed in I never even would've been in negative pips. My motto is to always go for singles and doubles. Home runs sometimes come easy, sometimes hard. Swinging for the fences is a good way to have a shitty win/loss record.
Bottom Line
I play tennis. Virtually everyone I know who plays tennis likes to hit the ball hard, with pace and direction. There's a particular kind of tennis player that is universally disliked. They are pushers. They make contact with the ball. They keep it in play, always. They don't go for winners, they just keep hitting the ball with underspin. The ball barely makes it over the net and never bounces high, forcing the opponent to reach for the return. It's said they kill you with paper cuts. John MacEnroe likes to say though, "Show me a pusher and I'll show you a room full of trophies."
You want a room full of trophies, be a pusher.

No comments:

Post a Comment